Oh, hello there.
How nice of you to drop by. You have managed to catch me in spirit on the luscious mount of Flagpole, Nelson BC. Physically, I'm still in Perth, Australia.
Enough about where we are (or aren't), more about why we're here.
Let me introduce myself.
I'm Leo Walton. A designer, creator, maker, business owner and operator. It's safe to say that I find it hard to sit still as over the past 6 years I've gone from being a pixel pusher to a lead designer, project manager, chief creative and operations officer and a co-founder of one start-up and one small business - and a fully sick growth hacker, yo.
I've constantly been faced with things that I didn't think I could do, or know how to do. But with curiosity, a yearnin' for learnin' (and a little bit of madness) I've developed a broad range of skills across the design spectrum, but also within business strategy, operations and marketing.
- UI & UX Design
- Rapid Prototyping (invision, Balsamiq, Azure, XD)
- Usability Testing (Web platforms & customer development/feedback)
- Analytics tools (GA, Excel)
- Advanced Adobe CC skills (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, Indesign, After Effects)
- Advanced Sketch
- Growth Engineering (Persona creation, Website analytics tracking, landing page creation, A/B testing, funnel optimisation)
- Animation/Motion graphics design
- Identity Design
- Lean startup methodology
- Self-titled WordPress Hacker
Co-founder (Co-CEO), Head of Design, Operations and Marketing.
April 2016 - September 2017
Part of the founding team. Designed and developed prototypes that secured $90k in funding and successful entrants into two of Australia's leading startup accelerator programs. Charged with designing, prototyping, developing and deploying the digital product fuelled by qualitative and quantitative research. Wore many many many hats in running the business day to day.
- Overhauled the identity of the company (re-branding from Prevyou). Developed the design language to create a consistent and resonant brand with our prospective clients.
- Conceptualised, designed and developed marketing landing pages and landing pages focused on product features to discover a range of user qualities and product requirements.
- Developed an end-to-end user flow of our cross platform, human logistics and tech integrated product.
- Created and implemented all marketing collateral, including 1+ hours worth of motion graphics for product and explainer videos.
- Created and implemented an onboarding process that produced 78% completion of our online courses, up from 8% the previous month. Achieved 638 course completions in July alone, up from 2 the previous month.
Lead UI.UX designer and Project Manager.
March 2012 - July 2016
UI & UX design, branding and print design. Managed the end-to-end process of developing a range of client facing websites and web apps.
- Lead discussions with clients to translate their business requirements into wireframes, high fidelity prototypes (collaboration with Invision) and finished websites.
- Collaborated with and managed contractors, a development team of 8 and content teams to implement innovative digital solutions.
- Created systems and processes to efficiently manage both an internal and external workforce to produce finished products within stringent time frames. Improved performance and concept to deploy time by 17%.
- Liason to client through design, development and content phases.
Leo Walton - Freelance Graphic Design.
July 2012 - Present
Multidisciplinary design work producing collateral and experiences for a range of clients from Fine artists all the way to tour companies in Paris. Mixed mediums, including Print and prepress design; Website concept, development and deployment; Identity design; Infographics design; Motion graphics design; Iconography.